Saturday, December 18

eleven.

So, time for something a little bit different! Today is Saturday the 18th of December, so from today, all the way up to Christmas day I'm going to posting a blog entry. These entries will be an agglomeration of my seven favourite things about 2010! Some of them are probably gonna be a bit silly, but all in the name of good fun, and giving you reasons to rip the shit outta me. On with the show!

---

Day 1: Teenage Dream - Katy Perry

There were a LOT of absolutely fabulous albums released this year! As I Lay Dying, All That Remain, Gorillaz, Bullet For My Valentine, Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember, and a plethora of others released a number of phenomenal albums this year. So why did I choose Katy Perry over all of them when I'm not perhaps, associated with that music?

Katy Perry is a phenomenal writer, and a true show(wo)man. The album previous to Teenage Dream was fantastic in it's own right, what with songs like I Kissed A Girl, Hot And Cold, and Waking Up In Vegas. I adore all of those songs as much as I love my metal. But Teenage Dream stepped up the game.

There's something about this album I honestly cannot place. It just covers so many different types of pop song for me, with her steady, soaring voice over it all. Obviously everybody's heard California Girls and Firework, which is a great tracks, but there are others on the album that are just forgotten about.

First of these is Circle The Drain, which is my personal favourite song on the entire album, and of her entire catalogue. It's a raw, emotional song about broken love, where the male is just going down the drain, and all the girl can do is stand and watch, finally leading her to just say "fuck you" and leave. It's full of raw emotion and energy, with a driving beat leading the song through. This song could have been much much heavier, but it works just as it is.

Last Friday Night! What a great song about a good night out after work with the lads that just goes completely crazy! It's just a happy song about a good night, and I think it's great!

The One That Got Away, a wonderful balled-like song! Sure, it has a couple of silly whoa-whoa moments, but it's a great song about regretting turning someone down that you now wish you had, or not plucking up the courage to go over there and just ask them! A heartfelt track that i adore.

Hummingbird Heartbeat: Okay, it's kinda raunchy, but it's an energetic pop song reminiscent of the 80's, and for that reason I think it's a great song. With the added 80's touch of double recording vocals to give them an added 'deepness', yes, I love this song.

But what makes this album amazing is that it flows so unbelievably well! There isn't a "low point" in this album, which was noticeable in One Of The Boys, and I think she's done herself proud! I've listened to this album way too many times already, and I reckon I will in the future as well!

That's my first thing for 2010, and you can all shoot me now! See you tomorrow, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment